If you are new to the cryptosphere, you are probably wondering what a crypto airdrop is or how to participate. In this article, we will help you better understand this concept and its outlines.
What is an Airdrop and what does it consist of?
An Airdrop corresponds to a free distribution of cryptocurrencies or tokens, which can benefit, under certain conditions, all people who request it, whether or not they belong to the crypto community concerned.
Airdrops are generally mentioned in the following circumstances:
- when a company in the cryptocurrency industry distributes its own coins. This is the most widespread case;
- when you receive a free crypto because you already own either the same or another. We are talking about “snapshot” here;
- after a fork, holders of the cryptocurrency of the initial blockchain can benefit from that of the newly created blockchain in proportion to the amount of assets held.
What is the stake of Airdrops for companies?
While many crypto projects opt for the Initial Coin Offering (ICO), where investors must pay to receive cryptocurrency, others prefer to play the card of free or, combine the two approaches.
Airdrops are a regular practice among companies in the cryptocurrency sector and are intended for people who meet specific conditions .
Eligibility is defined by the previous or subsequent performance of actions specified by the project team. For example, this may involve integrating the community’s Telegram channel, promoting the token by sharing related publications or verifying your identity (Know Your Customer – KYC).
⚠️ Be careful not to enter your personal information on questionable platforms!
The degree of complexity of these tasks varies from project to project. However, in general, the the more you do, the more likely you are to be rewarded.
This formula, which is part of the marketing strategy of many firms, allows companies to achieve their communication objectives.
Indeed, in addition to being less expensive than sponsored ads , Airdrops offer the advantage of creating an ecosystem of traders around cryptocurrency (or of the token) in question quickly and efficiently.
They can also reward those who support the development of a project or offer tokens as compensation when sales are made in record time.
How to take part in an Airdrop?
The first step in being able to participate in an Airdrop is to be informed. To do this, there are specialized aggregators such as Airdrop Alert , airdropbob and Airdrop guru , which continuously present current Airdrops. In addition, many announcements are also circulating on the Bitcointalk forum.
Next, you will have to select the tokens of interest to you. To increase the probability of making a profit and avoid wasting time, it is preferable that this involves a more or less precise analysis of the projects that intrigue you.
? Most often , v You can download the white paper from the project site.
Finally, all you have to do is consult the selection criteria for the projects you have selected and mobilize the necessary efforts to meet them.
To register for an Airdrop, you must complete an information form accessible through different media: Google Forms, Telegram bots, project websites, exchange platforms, etc.
⚠️ It is preferable not to make mistakes with the data communicated, as this may compromise your chances of winning.
You must first have a wallet, because its public key will be necessary to possibly receive the desired tokens.
You can use MyEtherWallet, MetaMask or a hardware wallet (Ledger Nano S / X, Trezor)? .
How much does it make to participate in an Airdrop?
In reality, the answer to this question depends on 2 factors:
- the number of tokens in play: this is usually announced in advance and can sometimes be influenced by your engagement. Indeed, some Airdrops promise the same reward to all the winners, while others practice meritocracy and set up a system of staggered gains.
- the token price: given that this parameter varies over time, the profitability of an Airdrop for beneficiaries cannot be a constant measure. However, since the digital assets were obtained without financial consideration, it therefore has either a zero or a positive value.
None of these factors are directly up to you. However, by devoting time and a minimum of judgment to the selection of Airdrops in which you will participate, you will be able to optimize your performance.
? Most of the time, the tokens offered are only worth a few dollars. In addition, they may never be listed on the exchange platforms.
How to avoid scams?
In your quest for profits, some evil geniuses will not hesitate to use their weapons against you. This is the reason why it is better to be careful, even when faced with very tempting offers.
Here are some tips to follow to protect yourself against unpleasant surprises:
- Learn as much as possible about the project;
- Never give out your private key;
- Do not send funds if requested ;
- Do not use exchange addresses to receive your earnings;
- Differentiate as much as possible the passwords you use from those of your e-mail addresses or your accounts with exchanges;
- Above all, do not download any suspicious files and do not install any programs if you are invited to do so.
Airdrops are a good way to build a rich and diversified portfolio of assets. The free access to this system means that it is appreciated by both initiates and novices.
Small point of vigilance however: scammers try to take advantage of this popularity to extort money from the less experienced. However, by respecting a certain discipline, it is possible not to be a victim.
It is on this note that we will conclude this article. We hope you enjoyed exploring Airdrops with Wallcrypt.
If this is the case, do not hesitate to share this sheet with others. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve your learning experience, let us know in the comments.
We recommend that you read: